OTA works to track the progress and adoption of best practices, while highlighting early adopters and "North Stars". In 2009, OTA launched the Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll, which today is a comprehensive evaluation of a site's best practices in brand and consumer protection, security, and privacy. Through a composite weighted scoring including over two dozen data points, sites that achieve a score of 80% or greater are named to the Honor Roll.
2018 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll News
Full Report coming in early 2019.
2018 Methodology - The Audit evaluates sites in three categories: consumer protection, site security and responsible privacy practices. Read the details here.
2017 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll
- 2017 Online Trust Audit Report (updated June 21st)
- 2017 Virtual Press Room
- 2017 Online Audit Methodology | Press Release - (Jan 31, 2017) | 2017 Methodology Briefing Deck
- 2017 - Top 50 - "Top of Class"
- 2017 Honor Roll List (all segments)
- Congressional Briefing Deck (June 27)
- Briefing Webinar (recorded webinar June 29) | Webinar Slide Deck
- Best Practices Check List (PDF)
- 2017 Recorded Webinar (February 22, 2017)